Monday, November 10, 2008

My Job.

As I sit here, procrastinating english homework, I am listening the soundtrack of The Village. You know, I have heard a lot of people say how dissappointed they were when they saw that movie, but I love it. I love the tragic beauty of it. If you are expecting a horror movie, then don't watch it. But if you want to think, then it's a good one!



Anyway, I thought I'd share my very surreal experience with "the village"

I worked up at the haunted village this year for halloween, and it was really fun! But it was also very dark. Not like a negative dark, but at night up there with all those really old homes that people lived in years ago, it was...surreal. Ghost hunters say that much of the park really is haunted.

Several of the nights I worked, I was stationed in the Jewkes home. My job was to scream and throw plates at passers-by. On slow nights, I would go sit on the porch of this old pioneer home, and listen to the Village soundtrack playing through speakers hidden up and down the street. This music is beautiful and creepy on its own, but sitting there, in pioneer costume, with blowing leaves and distant screams, and that Inn staring at me from across the street, I felt very swept away.

Anyway, here is a picture of my very creepy makeup:


2 comments: