Sunday, November 2, 2008

I tried to do handstands for you...

October is over! It was really a hard month. Here is why:
1. I worked tuesdays and thursdays. It just made getting all my homework done a lot more stressful, because I couldn't do any on tuesdays and thursdays all of a sudden! I went from school to piano lessons to work.
2. Craig's car needed a lot of repairs, which usually had to happen during lunch...which meant I had to eat alone sometimes.
3. Can anyone say midterms?

Besides those 3 big reasons were all the little ones about self doubt, worry, and those little things, those little concerns, that keep me awake at night..and sometimes concerns much bigger than myself. I am just an overly concerned person.

But there is one thing that somehow makes things right. Last monday I was feeling especially down, especially worried, when I noticed how sunny and warm it was. So I decided to take my dogs on a walk. We have this beautiful nature trail nearby that I practically grew up on. So I drove the dogs over to it, and we walked.

It was refreshing to see how excited they were. If I paused for even a second, they would turn around and look right at me and make thier excited noises. Miss Stacey actually would do a little dance and look into my eyes and do a combination between a whine and a bark, even when we weren't paused. My dogs reminded me that my whole life I have been anxious to have an adventure, and here I was, having one, and I was turning away from it, trying to sleep it off.

As we walked down the sunny trail I couldn't help but feel like this park is an old friend, one of the best ones I've got. It's always been around, with it's grassy smell and winding trails. I can't help but think that this little bit of nature in the middle of the city is like a temple, a refuge I can go to whenever I need it. Of course the real temple is even better, but I love being able to walk my dogs or ride my bike and just think or not think as much as i want.

"Nothing starts until you take action! If you have time to worry, then run!" -Sonic The Hedgehog
(Ok I know it's dorky, but think about it. It's a good quote and if I had paired it with Winston Churchill you would have bought it.)

P.S. Halloween was good, and it was really fun scaring people at my job. I love creating chaos like that. For halloween, I was a scottish wench, with my scotsman of course! We had lots of fun at the mocktail party!

2 comments:

  1. I often tell myself that I should have spent less time on the computer and more time taking the dog for walks when I was a teen. The poor neglected doggie :(

    ReplyDelete