Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Updates on an increasingly nerdy life

Harry Potter: Just finished re-reading The Goblet of Fire on sunday, and I am stoked for the Half Blood Prince opening. Craig and I are going as Ron and Hermione, so I am keeping busy embroidering a yellow "R" onto a maroon sweater for Craig. It looks crappy, but it kind of is supposed to, right? Also have watched 3 of the five current movies in the past couple weeks. Love it!

Fourth or July: I went boating with Craig and some friends for Independence Day. It was really, really, fun. Waverunners are now my new favorite. I also learned a lot about the nature of surface tension. We did some tubing, and most of the time I was just hanging on the tube with my hands, while my lower half bounces off the water. It hurt. I discovered that Utah Lake isn't really gross like it has been rumored to be, although i am sure it has it's moments. But I love it because it's so huge and the water was the perfect tempurature!

Singing: For the past month, I have had laryngitis, which means I had to talk and sing as little as possible in order to help the swelling in my vocal chords to go down. In this time, i have realized what a vocal person I am. I sing along with almost everything i hear, I have a sound effect for almost everything I experience. Not doing all these things has taken a lot of willpower that i have poorly excercised. But, finally, my voice is getting better, and I am resuming preparations for my upcoming recital! Yay! I think if singing were a horrible sin, I'd be running right down the stairs of hell, with a smile on my face. Thank goodness it isn't.

Fighting: So, I have reached the height of healthy nerdiness, and joined a medieval fighting club. You know, the foam and ductape swords, the costumes, the battles in the park....so far i really like it, even though i am horrible at it. Everyone is so nice, it's a great workout, and it's definitely better than sitting around at home.

Zumba: I have been working on a great Zumba workout routine playlist on Youtube in the past few days. I am pretty much addicted to Zumba, and there are some excellent workouts on Youtube! It's my broke way of going to the gym. Her are a couple favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcyrCrahTs







My favorite styles in Zumba are Hip-hop and Cumbia. I also tend to go for the Reggaeton stuff, and my teacher when I took a class last did great Reggae choreography. But sadly I haven't found much good Reggae on youtube yet.

Last but not least: I am so broke. Because, I am trying to save up money for school in the fall, but I haven't been able to find a real job all summer! I have applied so many places I wanna die. Now basically I am just trying to do whatever little things I can. So....I just want to let everyone know that I am a great babysitter. And I have a LOT of free time. If you know me, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment