Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Easter Easter

Easter happens to be my favorite holiday. This year, it wasn't totally full of excitment and wonder like most of my Easter years, but it was still a good one.

Saturday: Craig and I watched conference and held little puppies, given birth by a friends' dog. They were so cute and little. As usual, Elder Holland blew me away with an incredible speech.
In between conference sessions, Craig and I had our own little Easter party. We went to the park and swung on the tire swing, which unfortunately didn't last long because it made me so motion sick! Since when did stuff like that give me motion sickness?! It must mean I am getting old. Which is stupid because I'm only 20.
Anyway, after that we moved to the normal swings, and had a grand time. As TJ Dettweiler Said in the Disney show Recess: "Swinging is 50% Body, 50% heart, and 50% soul." (Or something like that) Pumping on a swing is a good workout. It feels good, doesn't overwork you, but you definitely know you got some good exercise by the time you are done. We were some excited kids on those swings.
While swinging, we played the game "Get out of my toilet". Basically when I was little, if my friends and I were parallel to each other, we'd yell "Get out of my toilet" to each other. So, Craig and I did the same thing. Once, I got in his toilet on purpose, just to bug him. I don't know where it came form, but it still makes me laugh like crazy to yell it while on the swing-set.

After playing on the swings, Craig and I played Pooh-Sticks. This is a game where you get some sticks, drop them off the side of a bridge, and see who's stick floats to the other side of the bridge first. It's very exciting.

Basically, going to the park was the best part of my weekend. :) And after the park, we went and bought easter candy!!
Saturday night we looked through old pictures of Craig for the reception slideshow. hehehe. it was so sunny to look at him as a cute little child. I can't wait till we look through my pictures!

I wish I had paid more attention to general conference, because it was really good. I am definitely going to look up the talks and review a little bit.

I sure like Easter. Easter kinda is the mark for when the year starts getting enjoyable. From January to Easter, life sucks, but after that, there is always a lot more to look forward to.

2 comments: