Sunday, July 31, 2011

Clean up.

I feel like it's about time to clean up my emotional life. I feel like there are so many distractions keeping me from having a positive attitude and happy state of mind.
I think I am growing out of social networking. I am so sick of the negativity I see on facebook and I know the same kind of thing will end up happening on Google +. I also am kinda sick of knowing about all the things going on in everyone's lives without talking to them personally. It just doesn't feel good to me...like everyone is their own personal tabloid magazine and no one cares about each other as human beings. But the problem is that I feel so dependent on facebook to keep in touch with everyone and know what's going on.
So, what I am going to do is majorly clean out my friends list, and then I am going to limit my time on facebook to 20 minutes once a day. I think it's time to let people know that I would prefer staying in contact with people that are willing to really keep in touch with me and spend time with me.
I'm willing to admit that I have let my online life take over the meaningful and tangible, and it's time to focus on what matters more. Sure, online networking is great for business, but when it come to people, I think think social networking is too impersonal.
Also, it's time for me to let go of the people that aren't willing to care about me as much as I care about them. I am not really the type to keep score on everything, but there comes a point when you know you are trying to sustain something that is already dead. If these old "friends" show interest in me again, I will willingly give, but I don't need to worry about how I can get people to like me that just don't care anymore.
Letting go is something I don't always like to do, but I try to keep an eternal perspective..someday, far in the future, everyone will love and care for each other and no one will be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment