Friday, April 13, 2012

Dream Job

Another Blogging question:
What is your dream job and why?

I'll be honest, I have some pretty simple dreams. I don't really want to be famous, and riches would be kinda nice, but not something I actively pursue. Mostly, I just want to be a mom, create a wonderful home and serve my family and friends. But I have a lot of things I would love love love to pursue on the side of my life as a mother, such as:

-Makeup Artistry. I would love to do theatrical makeup, artistic makeup editorials, anything really. I am also really into skincare and would love to help people attain healthier skin. I love creating beauty and helping people see the beauty around them....to me, makeup isn't something you have to wear to be accepted and "decent", makeup is a way to use your imagination, create yourself, play with color.

-I want to create a art curricula that focuses on child development and hands on experience. I think it would be amazing to hold my own children's art day-camps and workshops in the summer. It would be so much fun to design the programs and enrich children's lives with art. I also am interested in art therapy and working with troubled children.

-I've kind of tried to start this already, but I want to make and sell my own accessories. I love making jewelry, and from what people that own the things I make have told me, it is very fun to wear and compliment worthy. I like to work with a large variety of mediums, and often mix many different elements to create an accessory. Someday I would love to have a little sterling silver jewelry studio. I took classes once and know the basics of casting, soldering, polishing, setting, etc. And I am itching for more.

-A really random one: I would love to help make sets and props for theatre. Especially creating textures, plants, etc. It'd be so interesting!

Seeing as I am about an inch away from graduating with my Bachelor's degree, I am actually job hunting right now. Job hunting can be so stressful...everybody knows it. I hope whatever I find brings me closer to realizing one of these dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on finding a job that makes you happy brynn! I know you'll find it one day! Just pray and trust God knows what's best!

    ReplyDelete