Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Upside-down

Life has been pretty eventful lately.

Especially regarding my education. You see, I was planning on Interior Design at USU, but I just wasn't feeling it. So, I thought I may as well try fashion out at SLCC because I love it so much. I felt really good about that plan. But, a week later, I got a very special letter in the mail.

A letter that told me I have been awarded a 2 year, full tuition scolarship to USU. What?!

Yeah so...I am going to USU, because I wanted to go there after doing fashion anyway, and...it's a free education! Even though I actually was upset that I got this (I really wanted to learn fashion first!) , I feel really blessed, because it's going to take a lot of finaicial worries off my mind, and i think there are some good opportunities waiting for me at USU. It's going to be so hard to be able to see Craig whenever I want though. However, I know we can work through it. We're Superheroes!

Am I going to do Interior Design? Actually, I am now leaning toward a Family and Consumer Sciences Major. But we'll see.

In other news, I actually won something. Me. I won something. hahaha with Craig too...I couldn't have done it without him! You see, we went to a "flashback" dance on Friday in which you could dress up as your favorite era. Craig and I went for the early 1960's. (Hairspray anyone?) It was awesome! We won a gift certificate to Tio's, which happens to be one of Craig's favorite restaurants. Yay! The dance was really fun too. A lot of people actually danced, which was awesome. And we played that hulahoop game where you have to get through the hula hoop before the music stops, or you are out. (think Down by the Banks.) I got into the final 5. Sweet!

Saturday, Craig and I went to the Holi Festival. Which was awesome. Except for the drive there. Apparently like the whole student population at BYU goes to the Holi festival (which i find a little ironic). So...it took forever to get there, because the last third of the way there was stop and go traffic! And then we parked really far away and had to walk for like 15 minutes to actually get to the festival. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Even though we didn't stay that long, just to be in that atmosphere was pretty sweet. Everyone was so happy, and there was some sweet reggae music playing. The bright colors, however, was what made it for me. Everyone had bright powder all over thier faces, hair, and clothing. In the sunshine, with green fields all around, I thought it was beautiful! I think my brain has this...exceptional reaction to bright colors or something! When I see a lot of bright colors, I have a total mood change. It was awesome.



I guess you could say that bright colors (and sunshine) are my anti-drug.
Lastly, I got to chill out with Craig and his cousins and grandparents on Sunday. I love his Grandparents. They are so welcoming and sweet! And his cousins all have a good sense of humor! We played the card game, 5 Crowns, and I have finally caught on. Now i am kind of craving it. We also played Psychiatrist, which was so fun.

Whew. I feel like unicorns are running around in my head. Sorry this post was so wordy! Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the scholarship! You can't beat free education, especially at a good university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you went to the color festival too? practically everyone i know went. I think i'll go next year.

    ReplyDelete