Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ahhhhh!

Maybe my brain doesn't work as well while I have a cold, and it makes me easily overwhelmed. Because I am really overwhelmed.
I have been trying pretty hard to find a job in the past couple weeks, and I haven't gotten one yet because people don't want to hire someone that has to leave in two months. What happened to the concept of summer jobs? No one seems to be hiring for the summer. It's been hard for me to find a legit place that actually is hiring. And when I do, they are looking for someone to be a permanent employee.

To make things a little more difficult, I got a bad cold this week. It has just made it harder for me to think, and I don't really want to go out job hunting if I am going to sound like a frog. Bleh...

Also, I have an opportunity to nanny full time for a 4 month old baby. I don't know how I feel about that. I suppose I'll have to see how it pays along with the other details. But the thing is that I am so sad that the baby and her mother will be missing out on 8 hours of bonding time nearly every day. I am just so glad that my mom stayed at home for me and my sisters. Kids need to have the safety and and comfort that only thier mothers can give them.

But I don't know yet all the details of this job or how well it would work out. So we'll see. Also, I don't know if I know enough about babies to do a good job taking care of one full time...

On the bright side....

I had an awesome time hanging out with Miche and Jency. Those girls surely brighten up my life. We had some awesome fun Monday and Tuesday being girls, going to the mall, taking pictures, talking out faces off...all that. It was refreshing.


The Ren Faire is over! Which means I can finally make stuff for myself. There are a lot of hair accessories I want to make. I also bought some neat things. I didn't sell much, but hopefully I can sell a lot on etsy, because I think I have some fabulous things that maybe a non-touristy audience would love to buy.

Craig and I worked on my Ocarina Of Time game tonight. I love Zelda. It's definitely one of my little escapist things. Also, Craig is a smart person. The nicest thing about him though, is that he's usually really chill and fun to hang out with. And very sweet, of course.

Tomorrow Craig and I get to go see Star Trek (yessssss) with my old buddy Peaches and a friend of his. I am very excited! First of all, I have heard amazing things about this movie. Second of all, I get to see Peaches! Oh my heck! I haven't seen him in forever! He's like a brother to me. I am so glad I get to go do this tomorrow, because there has just been so much pressure in my life (School, Ren Faire, Job hunting) and this will be a nice little break where I can just forget about it.

Last, but not least, my voice teacher is getting me to throw a little concert/recital before I move, as kind of a "graduation/goodbye" thing. At first I was reluctant to do this (Put together an event that features just me? Won't that be wierd? Won't people get bored?) but now I am actually excited. It's a good excuse to see a lot of people before I leave, and it'll be good for the voice studio. And so far, everyone I have told about it has seemed sincerely excited and they really want to come. I will be practicing a lot to make it worth everyone's time.

So there you go! A little update on what's going on...I should know by now that there is no hope that my life will calm down.

2 comments: