Sunday, June 7, 2009

Six of my Favorite People

A list of a few of my favorite people, celebrity, fictional, and local. Not all of course. I think I should make a new list every month, in order to tribute all the awesome people I know. (or know of)
Tim Gunn: He's the smartest man in fashion. Not only is he impeccably stylish, but he has a great sense of humor, is kind and polite to everyone, and is passionate for what he does. Basically, I wish he was my uncle.








Sonic The Hedgehog: The reason I like Sonic so much is that he's got that
confidence everyone wishes they had. You know, the confidence that enables you to do what ever you want, have confidence in others, and actually seem generally nice and humble. And he follows through with this confidence by have the time of his life doing what he loves. How could you not like someone like that?
Kelly: I won't put up a picture because I don't have one, but Kelly is the wonderful mother of an amazing family I have been privileged to babysit over the years. How different my life would be without these people! They are the ones that got me into Studio Ghibli, and my favorite video games. They have truly become some of my best friends. The thing I look up to Kelly for is that even though raising kids can be exhausting and time consuming, she manages to do fun activities with her husband and friends. (like dressing up in crazy clothes and going out to eat!) She hasn't gotten stuck in the "stressed out, boring grown-up" mindset that I see so many people get trapped in. I hope I turn out like that.
Miche: She is such a great example to me! In fact, I actually told a story about her in testimony meeting. One day, I picked her up from trax, and she was worried because she accidentally left her phone on the train! So, I called it to see if anyone found it, and no one answered. A few minutes later however, I got a call from her phone! And who was on the other side? Her mom! Her mom had happened to get on the exact same train a few stops away, and found her phone. And Miche's reaction? "I am so grateful my Heavenly Father loves and blesses me!" I am always reminded by her to be grateful for everything, even though she doesn't know she's reminding me. Another reason I love her: She is what i call a "lazy friend". You know those friends you don't see for months and they like you less because of it? Or they feel like you aren't pulling your weight in the relationship, so they get mad? Miche is not one of those people. sometimes we go a while without talking (we are both very busy people) but when we talk, things pick right up where they left off, with no awkwardness. We pick up each other's slack, and we are cool with it, because Miche knows that friendship is about having fun and caring for another person, not personal benefits. I am lucky to have her as my best friend.

Kristan: I have been waiting for an opportunity to put this picture on the Internet. Anyway, Kristan is great because sometimes she unknowingly gives me a slap in the face and reminds me to not sweat the small stuff. Laughter is important to this girl, and she'd much rather laugh than hold a grudge. If she's angry, she just says what's bothering her, and gets over it. No silent treatment, no catty remarks, just back to the fun and action.




Briar Rose: What can a dog teach a person? Well, I think Briar Rose has been a great teacher or humility and forgiveness. She is so sweet and loving, and doesn't hold back. She wants everyone to be happy, and lives to give her support and service. I am not even kidding. Just pretend to be sad around her and watch her reaction. She's the most sympathetic...person...that I know, and i think we all would be better people if we followed her example.

Craig: Oh man, where do I start? With a story. Yesterday I of course, was kinda grumpy, tired, and had a headache. I wasn't very nice. While I was attempting to microwave some teriyaki chicken for Craig and I to eat for dinner, I said something snippish and he just said "Why are you so grumpy today Brynn?" And I told him...I am tired of being sick, I want to go to sleep, but we have to go watch my sisters choir performance, etc...and he replied with "What can I do to help?" He could've taken the whole situation in another direction, but he is great at choosing the peaceful way. Then as we were leaving (late) to the concert, I reached into my purse to find all of the contents of my purse wet and sticky. I then pulled out my now-opened and upside-down bottle of precious cough syrup to see most of its remains spill onto the driveway. This was too much for me in my half asleep, sickly state, and Craig knew it. So he took me inside, helped me wash off my lip balm, wallet, etc., and filled up the sink to soak the lining of my purse. He did all this without being frustrated at my stupidity of not checking the lid, not minding how late we were. That's just one of the great things about Craig. He knows how to deal with problems without drama, moodiness, or stress. He's always rescuing me from the little disasters I tend to have. In a way, he's a bit like Briar Rose, and now you know that that's a great compliment to his character. I love my boyfriend.

1 comment:

  1. :) :) First of all, Thanks! You know some pretty great people! And you know, great people flock around other great people (you). Now I'm not trying to say that I'm super great or anything, cus that's prideful ;). I hope I can always help you out and make you feel better and loved! I love you so much! I am glad you take the time to evaluate those around you and appreciate them. I know that everyone who knows you appreciates who you are and how you are. You bring out the best in everyone who interacts with you at all. You make people feel that they are wanted and deserve even a little bit of attention. Thanks so much for being you and never being 'fake'. You are honest and tell things how they are in a non-offensive way. I'm so glad I have the opportunity to be around you a lot and get to know you more each day! I hope I can always make you feel loved and help you fulfill your goals! I love you!!!!!!

    Craig

    ReplyDelete