Sunday, January 16, 2011

classes and other things

Well, I just had my first week of the new semester. I am taking Infancy, Adolescence, Abuse and Neglect, and Ceramics. I acturall like all my classes and teachers so far this semester. I've already had classes from 2 of them, so I kind of know what to expect. I also have at least one friend in each class, so that makes it much more enjoyable. It's definitely nice when you get further in a major because you start to have classes with all the same people. Lucky for me, FCHD majors are usually very down to earth. Well, ok. You would have to be pretty down to earth to be succesful in the home and family field. In a couple weeks I will be starting infant lab, which is basically where I get to teach and play with cute little 2-yr.-olds for a couple hours every tuesday. I think it's going to be a great experience.

I love ceramics. I have always wanted to take a ceramics class, ever since I started college, so this is great. It feels good to sit there and create. I create a lot at home too; making all sorts of accessories, but ceramics is nice because it involves a lot of repetitive motion and a totally different kind of mindset.

As usual, work keeps me busy. I feel like I am getting pretty good at this whole janitorial thing. I walk much much faster now and I have actually become much stronger. I have plenty of gross toilet stories I could share, but I won't.

The Escapist (My alter ego if you don't know) hasn't been let out to play much lately, and I was starting to go crazy. Although we did throw a cultural dance party in December, and that was great, I worried a llittle too much about being a good hostess to really loosen up. You may ask what a cultural dance party is. Well, it basically where you dance to music from other countries and cultures than your own. Pretty straightforward.

Anyway, last night I finally let the escapist have some time. I basically set aside somedaydreaming time where I just listend to movie soundtracks and let my mind wander. It was great. The best daydream by far was where I was learning how to use my magical powers from a gryffon, and we found out Craig had the ability to talk to and understand animals. It was awesome.

So yeah. I feel pretty good about life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment