Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A paradox

I just totally realized that my life is contradicting itself right now. Just in the past week, I have had many exciting events happen. Amazing stuff! But at the same time, i feel so lazy and unmotivated. I don't get it.
The wierd thing is that everyone around me seems ultra active and excited for life.
It could just be the fact that it's january, and i just don't do well in january. But, it has been rather sunny lately. I thought the reason I don't do well in january was because of the lack of sunlight. In theory, i should be rather excited and happy.

So, here it my fix-it/make it work appraoch to the whole situation:

I have already identified the problem, now what is going on that could be making it worse?

a. Headaches. Why am i having headaches? Tight headbands? Dehydration? Too much sugar?
b. Procrastinating. I could get most of my homework done before I teach, yet i don't. That's just one of many examples.
c. I haven't paid my tithing for months. This is probably contributing to my recent lack of self confidence and independence
d. Senseless spending.
e. Too many interruptions. In conversation, in homework, in everything! It takes me so long just to get one thing done.

Now I will derive solutions for the problem based on what makes it so bad:
1. Drink more water and go to bed earlier. This will probably relive headaches, and if I start my bedtime routine earlier i won't skimp out on the full routine. Also, if I drink more water, I won't crave everything else as much.
2. Get home, sit and play with dogs for 5 minutes, and them do some math homework. It's the only homework I have this semester, since my other classes are all in-class work so i may as well do it!
3. Keep track of paid lessons, pay tithing monthly, and make a spending priority list I can keep in mind when out and about.
4. Do my chores and homework without touching my phone, and listen to the full sentence/story without interrupting. Now, if anyone would please offer advice to keep people from interrupting me, i would appreciate it, because I swear, I am about to explode from the amount of cut-off sentences i say every day. I might just get mean if i have to. And it's the people that do it to me who always say i never listen, I am selfish, whiny, blah blah blah...well maybe if they listened and got to know me, they wouldn't be saying such things.

There. This will keep me on track for a little while. Hope you didn't mind the little angry outburts at the end of the list there. I am going nuts!
This method of dealing with life was inspired by my best friend Miche, who said if you can just get it out of your head and on paper, or in someone's ear, you can pretty much deal with whatever comes your way. She writes essays when she has to figure things out.

In case you were wondering, here's the exciting stuff that's happened lately:
~I got a new snowboard! yay!
~I am now teaching the sunbeams! Best calling ever.
~I am almost ready to transfer up to USU! And I am getting an amazing scholarship while at it!
~I rediscovered my love for Star Wars!
~I get to keep making amazing jewelry! I hope this is something I can keep pursuing throughout my life.

2 comments:

  1. Noooo what about the band!!! Logan is far away! Are you going to have a car?

    Anyway. Definitely drink more water. I can't even believe the things that feel better when I'm drinking more water. I'd advise against consuming too much sugar, if you get bad sugar lows like I do.

    Speaking of senseless spending, I've spent $160 on beads and fabric in the last two weeks! Hopefully it will all pay off in the ren faire. Speaking of jewelry making, you want to make some jewelry to sell at the ren faire with said beads? I have a kilogram of clear glass beads with white centers that would make good fairy or elf jewelry. Plus some stone beads in different colors, black spherical metal beads, bone beads which are my favorite in different sizes and shapes, and tons of assorted glass beads in different colors, shapes and sizes. We don't need them all to turn into jewelry because selling them individually or in lots will probably work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete