Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm the paradox.

Today, I was just cleaning my room, when my sister Jill came up and asked me what I Craig and I were doing tonight.

"Uh, I dunno, probably playing video games," I replied over the warped tour screamo playing in my CD player.

I then continued to take steps in cleaning up my room, which is teeming with clothes, fashion magazines, craft supplies, accessories, and a horrid mending pile I hate to look at.

"Huh. I am kind of a paradox," I remarked. Jill: "Yes, very much so. "

Jill then went on to explain that sometimes she wonders if she has a split personality or something, because in every career and personality test she took in high school, she got exactly 50% on one end of the spectrum, and 50% on the other end. I can definitely relate to that. I definitely have 2 opposite sides of my personality. I guess? Here's the thing. If I don't think about it too hard, I can easily see two sides of my personality. A nerdy, sciency, fantasy/scifi side, and an artistic, fashion oriented, music and dancing side.

But wait. If I start to think just a little past that, suddenly, my personality seems more overlapped, and scattered. What about the piece of me that loves punk and ska? Or the piece that enjoys watching kids movies? There are so many that i don't feel like fit in those two categories, but aren't big enough to fit in their own.

Somebody with probably try to correct me on this, but this whole train of thought is looking a lot like the infamous double slit experiment, the one that got "quantum weirdness" going.
Here's a video to explain.



So, do you see the connection here with the double slit experiment and what i was saying about personality? Maybe? I think the two different patterns made by the particle is a good visual illustration of the two ways I can look at my personality. Maybe even personality in general! Plus, they way you look at it changes what it does!

And is every body's personality like this? Full of opposites and even contradictions? I think so, at least to a point, although people have pointed out my polar tendencies a lot. Like, more than I've seen with people in general. huh.

Now that I have managed to confuse myself and probably you, just, be yourself. Cus really, it's the best way to be.

3 comments:

  1. you should read my last blog. It's pretty much about the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is! That's wierd. viiiibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I never bother to try to categorize myself.

    ReplyDelete