Friday, November 13, 2009

The Escapist desires escape.

Lately all topics of conversation are sooo...well, grown-up. And all my classes are telling me what I am looking forward to for the rest of my life. I mean all I hear about lately is doctor visits, saving for retirement, the stock market, punishing kids, the small amounts of sleep you get as an adult, mid life crises, physical aging, keeping a house clean, buying a washer, saving money, preparing to get married, preparing for higher spiritual things, preparing for the cost of weddings, dealing with people that have problems, blind dates, registering for another semester of more classes that will tell me how bad my health is, how bad it will be when I have kids, and how my kids are all going tp screw up thier lives if I don't tell them exactly the right things-Shush!

No More!

Nope. Seriously, it's the weekend now, and everyone that is planning to talk to me about anything of this nature needs to zip thier lips right now and leave.

No, really. Shut your face up.

Okay, now, it's not that I am trying to ignore these things in my life, I really am listening, and taking notes, and planning, and getting good grades, and preparing myself for the future. Don't think I am not, because i really am.

But sometimes, you hear so much, and it becomes too much. Honestly, I just need some moments where I am not analyzing, or planning, or anything. Everyone does.

So in honor of shirking reponsibilities and adult-like things for just a little while, I make a list of quick ways to escape.
1. Play a great movie soundtrack and daydream. This is very effective, if you can clear you head. Look on my playlist for inspiration...
2. Go sledding. It's almost time for that to happen!
3. Watch an upbeat movie. Duh. Preferably no coming of age or relationship drama ones.I suggest this:



4. Play Sonic the Hedgehog. Almost any of those games will do. I mean, Sonic is the guru of not taking anything too seriously. That can be a good thing sometimes.
5. Make something really unique, and don't make it to sell it. Make it so that you or a friend will have something cute.
6. Play Wii Sports, or even better, Wii Sports Resort.
7. Write a funny story. It doesn't have to be long.
8. Break out those coloring books.
9. Make a playlist of funny videos on YouTube. Music videos that mock relationship drama are always fun too.
Here a funny one (ok, it's probably not everyone's definition of funny):



Here's One that mocks relationship drama:



10. Make up a fun game on the playground with your friends. my friends and i made one where we had princes, princesses, bad guys, and a king, and it was really fun.
11. Play Ghost in the Graveyard.
12. Play Improv games with your friends. remember when you were like, 15 and those were the coolest?
13. Draw up a little comic strip with you and a friend as the stars. Those are awesome. for example:
14. If you and a friend know how to cut or style hair, and that sounds like a realistic idea, then do it for each other. No fear.
15. Go buy Japanese candy or Pop Rocks or Fun Dip and eat them with your significant other. Or if you wanna be healthy, you can make a fruit smoothie or fruit tea together.
16. Read Laffy Taffy Wrappers.
17. Go on a nature walk.
18. Read Harry Potter
19. Watch Star Wars.
20. Go sword fight.And make your own sword too. href="http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Boffer/Boffer-Generic.html">
21. Have a dance party with your few best friends.
22. Make a superhero identity for yourself. Powers, outfit, what kind of villains you'll fight, all that.
23. Watch Teen Titans. 5 seasons of glorious, hilarious crime fighting.
24. Go to the bookstore and just learn something new. You don't even have to buy anything. But there's a good chance you will. Just go relax and enjoy perusing through books to the sound of soft rock and the smell of expensive coffee.
25. Plan a themed party and go all out with cheesy activities, awesome decorations, and fabulous prizes. (probably from All-A-Dollar)
Here is an action shot of me defeating the Death Star at my Star Wars birthday party:

No comments:

Post a Comment