Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Warm Fuzzies in a cold, hard place.

I have been so frustrated lately. so frustrated. The school thinks I am a freshman (they messed up my transcript), I feel like i have no role were within my feeble circle of friends up here, and I often feel judged for my different ways of thinking and doing things. i am also sleep deprived, and I don't dress very cute very often anymore, which is really really sad for me. If you know me, you know what happens when I don't get the chance to express myself through my clothing.
A peaceful moment of daydreaming is rare and always interrupted. My little fantasy world is growing dusty with lack of visitation, and my brain is weary.

I also have a cold.

BUT! Tonight was a tender mercy. Tonight I was invited by my roomate to go to her IWA activity, and I got a little break. We went to her IWA advisor's house to watch a movie.

First, the house. Huge, beautiful and fancy. But if had that lovely feeling in it. You know, that refreshing, clean feeling that houses have, but at the same time totally comfortable and laid back. I think everyone there felt that way. And everyone was nice and friendly! Thank goodness!

Second the movie. We watched Meet The Robinsons, one I have seen many times. I love that movie. It was full of warm fuzzy moments. I want to be Mrs. Robinson when I grow up. She is sweet and has a lot of personality, and she pursues her interests with zeal. :)

A note about futuristic stuff:
Being the escapist that I am, i love the scenery and ideas of the "Todayland" from Meet The Robinsons. I so want cool gear, and a trampoline lawn. I can't wait to decorate my future house all cool and futuristic. I watched the movie with sparkling eyes and a happy imagination.

Anyway, I love that movie, because it A) encourages imagination and B) it tells you to keep moving forward. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's just what i needed. I need to just keep moving forward, looking for better, happier things in life.

I sure love to put my brain in screensaver mode and watch a movie. It nice to not feel like my brain is being ripped apart every once and a while.

Lastly, I just wanna say how glad i am to have a sympathetic, encouraging boyfriend. He helps me to-

Keep Moving Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment